Haemoptysis of bright red blood in the morning; dark and clotted in the afternoon and evening
Source: Vegetable kingdom
Synonyms: Indian nettle
Prover: Dr Tinnere
Introduction and History: There is great controversy about the first prover of this medicine. According to Dr. N.M. Chowdhary, ‘This remedy was first proved by Dr P.C. Mazumdar of Kolkata, ‘ where as Dr S.C. Ghosh, in his ‘Drugs of Hindoosthan says that, ‘ Dr C.F. Tonnere, a French homeopath made a proving of Acalypha indica and called our attention to this plant as a valuable remedy’. It is an infallible remedy for haemorrhages, especially haemoptysis.
Habit and Habitat: India.
Preparation and Parts Used: Tincture is prepared from the fresh plant.
Constitution and Physiognomy: It is suited to tubercular constitutions. Haemorrhagic diathesis.
Seat of Action (Pharmacodynamics): Alimentary canal, respiratory organs, skin, stomach and intestines.
Physio-pathological Changes (Pathology)
- It acts on the alimentary canal producing spluttering diarrhoea and noisy flatus.
- It acts on the respiratory organs producing haemoptysis, bronchitis.
Characteristic Physical Guiding Symptoms
Keynote: There is dry, hard, racking cough followed by haemoptysis, worse in the morning and at night.
Generalities: Patient feels very weak in the morning, gains strength during the day, has progressive emaciation.
- Respiratory: Constant and severe pain in the chest; also burning in the pharynx, oesophagus and stomach.
- Discharge: Blood is bright red and not profuse in the morning; dark and clotted in the afternoon.
- Diarrhoea: Spluttering diarrhoea with forcible expulsion of noisy flatus, bearing down pains and tenesmus.
- Rectum: There is rectal haemorrhage, aggravated in the morning.
- Skin: Appears jaundiced; also itching and circumscribed furuncle-like swellings
- Pulse: Pulse is soft and compressible.
Important Characteristic Features
Respiratory complaints: It is a very useful remedy for respiratory complaints. There is a dry, hard, racking cough followed by haemoptysis, worse in the morning and at night. Constant and severe pain in the chest; also burning in pharynx, oesophagus and stomach. Discharge of haemoptysis is bright red and not profuse in the morning; dark and clotted in the afternoon.
Acalypha Indica General Modalities
Aggravation: In the morning and at night.
Amelioration: In open air.
Dosage: Dr T.F. Allen recommends 10 drops of tincture in severe cough.
Therapeutic Value: Cough, Diarrhoea, Flatulence, Haemoptysis, Haemorrhage, Incipient phthisis, Jaundice.
Ask A Doctor
You can now consult our well qualified homeopathic doctor for homeopathic treatment of any kind of disease. The consultancy fee is only Rs 200/- . Post making the payment you will be asked about the disease and the symptoms of your disease. Based on your problem, the doctor will instruct you with the name of the medicine and the method of having the medicine. You can make the payment via Paytm App or your debit card. For more inquiry contact on the WhatsApp number - +919006242658