Homeopathic Medicine Acetic Acid
- Profound anaemia, with some dropsical symptoms
- Haemorrhage from any part
- Wasting and debility
- Power to liquefy albuminous and fibrinous deposits
Source: Mineral kingdom
Synonyms: Glacial acetic acid
Family: Organic acid
Preparation: Distilled water is used for attenuations 1x and 2x. Very dilute spirit for 3x upto 4x, rectified spirit for 5x and higher.
Ailments From: Anaesthetic vapours, fumes of charcoal and gas, stings and bites (Led), surgical injuries, surgical shock, sausage poisoning.
Constitution and Physiognomy
- Suited to pale, lean persons with lax flabby muscles, face pale, waxy (Ferr), who have inherited phthisis and suffer from chronic weakness, anaemia and emaciation.
- Haemorrhagic diathesis.
- Marasmus and other wasting diseases of children (Abrot, lod, Sanic, Tub), emaciation of face, hands, thighs (Nash).
- Great prostration after injuries, after surgical shock, after anaesthetics.
- Burning thirst, insatiable, even for large quantities but no thirst in fever.
- Profound anaemia with waxy pallor of the face.
- Haemorrhage from all orifices.
- Excessive wasting and debility.
Characteristic Mental Symptoms (Psychology)
- Irritable, worried about business affairs.
- Ailments from shock, excitement.
- Anxiety and fear, driving him from place to place, in dyspnoea, in liver complaints.
- Irritability with headache; abdomen and liver complaints.
- Lamenting, wailing and delirium, with swelling of the abdomen.
- Hysteria; crawling and rolling on the floor.
- Grieves about sickness and children. Worried about business.
- Forgetful about what happened recently; does not know her own children.
Characteristic Physical Guiding Symptoms
Mouth: Profuse salivation day and night.
(i) Vomiting after anaesthetics.
(ii) Cancer of stomach, peptic ulcer, intestinal tuberculosis where there is vomiting after every kind of food.
(iii) Great thirst with dropsy but not in fever.
(iv) Cannot tolerate cold drinks, vegetables except potato, bread and butter.
(v) Violent burning pain followed by coldness of skin and cold sweat on forehead.
Sleep: Cannot sleep lying on the back (sleeps better on back – Ars). Sensation of sinking in abdomen causing dyspnoea, better lying on belly.
(i) Hectic fever, drenching night sweats, sweat profuse and cold, otherwise skin dry and hot.
(ii) Red spot on left cheek.
(iii) No thirst during fever.
Important Characteristic Features
- Head: Nervous headache from abuse of narcotics. Blood rushes to head with delirium. Temporal vessels distended.
- Face: waxen, emaciated, Pale. Eyes sunken, surrounded by dark rings. Sweaty. Bright red. Epithelioma of lip. Aching in left jaw point. Cheeks hot and flushed.
- Stomach: SALIVATION. FERMENTATION in stomach. Intense burning thirst. Cold drinks distress. Vomits after every kind of food. Epigastric tenderness. Burning pain, as of an ulcer. Cancer of stomach. Sour belching and vomiting. Burning waterbrash and profuse salivation. Hyperchlorhydria and gastralgia. VIOLENT BURNING PAIN IN STOMACH AND CHEST, FOLLOWED BY COLDNESS OF SKIN AND COLD SWEAT ON FOREHEAD. Stomach feels as if she had taken a lot of vinegar.
- Abdomen: Feels as if abdomen was sinking in. Frequent watery stools, worse in the morning. TYMPANITIC. Ascites. Haemorrhage from bowels.
- Urine: Large quantities of pale urine. Diabetes with great thirst and debility (Ph-ac).
- Female: Excessive catamenia. Haemorrhages AFTER LABOUR. Nausea of pregnancy, Breasts painfully enlarged, distended with milk. Milk impoverished, bluish, transparent, sour. Anaemia of nursing mothers.
- Respiratory: Hoarse, hissing respiration; DIFFICULT BREATHING; COUGH WHEN INHALING. Membranous croup. Irritation of trachea and bronchial tubes. False membrane in throat. Profuse bronchorrhoea. Putrid sore throat (gargle).
- Back: Pain in back, RELIEVED ONLY BY LYING ON ABDOMEN.
- Extremities: Emaciation. Oedema of feet and legs.
- Skin: Pale, waxen, oedematous. Burning, dry, hot skin, or bathed in profuse sweat. Diminished sensibility of body surface. Useful after stings, bites, etc. Varicose swellings. Scurvy; anasarca. Bruises; sprains.
- Fever: HECTIC, WITH DRENCHING NIGHT SWEATS. RED SPOTS ON LEFT CHEEK. NO THIRST IN FEVER. Ebullitions. SWEAT PROF– USE, COLD.
Aceticum Acidum General Modalities
Aggravation: Cold air, wet, checked secretions, fog, night.
Amelioration: Motion, loose stools,
Follows well: Cinchona in haemorrhage, Digitalis in dropsy.
Antidote to: Cidar vinegar antidotes Carbolicum acidum.
Inimical: Arn, Bell, Lach, Merc, especially the headache from Bell.
Compare: Ars, Chin, Dig.
Ammonium aceticum: Profuse saccharine urine, patient is bathed in sweat.
Benzoin oderiferum (Spicewood): Night sweat.
Liatris spicata: General anasarca in heart and kidney disease, dropsy and chronic diarrhoea.
Potency: Third to thirtieth potency.
Repetition: Not to be repeated too often, except in croup.
Great prostration after surgical shock, after anaesthesia, after injuries – Dr H.C. Allen
Aceticum acidum relieves the parched mouth of people in the terminal stages of heart or kidney diseases – Dr Raj Jack
Therapeutic Value: For the bad effects of carbon monoxide, For the bad effects of narcotics.
Ask A Doctor
You can now consult our well qualified homeopathic doctor for homeopathic treatment of any kind of disease. The consultancy fee is only Rs 200/- . Post making the payment you will be asked about the disease and the symptoms of your disease. Based on your problem, the doctor will instruct you with the name of the medicine and the method of having the medicine. You can make the payment via Paytm App or your debit card. For more inquiry contact on the WhatsApp number - +919006242658