- Mania following disappearance of neuralgias
- illusion of a mouse running from under her chair
- The more the menstrual flow, the greater the suffering
Source: Vegetable kingdom
Synonyms: Black snakeroot, Black cohosh
Duration of Action: 8-12 days
Miasmatic Background: Psora
Diathesis: Rheumatic and gouty
Thermal Relationship: Chilly patient
Introduction and History: Hughes preferred it to be called by its Linneanean name Actaea. Hughes pharmacodynamics reveals its nick name. “The homeopathic milk for the allopathic babies” for his object was evidently to reconcile homeopathy or atleast make it acceptable to the members of the orthodox school of medicine.
Habit and Habitat: The plant is found in Canada, Georgi and the western states of America.
Preparation and Parts Used: Tincture of the roots is used as mother tincture from which higher potencies are prepared.
Ailments From: Fright, anxiety, child bearing, disappointed love, overexertion, business failures, during dentition.
Seat of Action (Pharmacodynamics): Nervous system, especially the cerebrospinal nerves and motor nerves, female genital organs, joints.
Physio-pathological Changes (Pathology)
- It disturbs the nerve centres and produces irritation.
- It also increases arterial tension.
Characteristic Mental Symptoms (Psychology)
- Sensation as if a heavy black cloud had settled all over her; all is darkness and confusion.
- Great depression, with dream of impending evil.
- Fears riding in a closed carriage, of being obliged to jump out.
- Incessant talking.
- illusion of a mouse running under the chair.
- Puerperal mania or melancholia, tries to injure herself, hysterical. Delirium tremens.
- Mania following disappearance of neuralgia.
Characteristic Physical Guiding Symptoms
Rheumatism: Especially of small joints; wrists most commonly affected; also fingers, toes and ankles; with weakness and trembling. Worse touch and motion.
Menses: Suppressed due to fright or cold.
Respiratory affections: Oppression of chest, shortness of breath.
Convulsions: Hysterical and epileptic convulsions.
General Modalities of Actaea racemosa
Aggravation: From cold, during menses – more severe the flow, greater the suffering.
Amelioration: From warmth.
Restlessness and fear of death: Acon.
Rheumatic and uterine affections: Caul, Puls.
Potency: Tincture to 30 potency.
Repetition: Frequent repetition.
Therapeutic Value: Breast affections, Disorders of pregnancy, Hyperemesis gravidarum, Labour, Menstrual disorders, Puerperal mania, Rheumatism,
Ask A Doctor
You can now consult our well qualified homeopathic doctor for homeopathic treatment of any kind of disease. The consultancy fee is only Rs 200/- . Post making the payment you will be asked about the disease and the symptoms of your disease. Based on your problem, the doctor will instruct you with the name of the medicine and the method of having the medicine. You can make the payment via Paytm App or your debit card. For more inquiry contact on the WhatsApp number - +919006242658